What is an insurance claim?
An insurance claim is a formal request made by a policyholder to an insurance company, seeking compensation for damages or losses covered under their insurance policy. It involves providing relevant documentation, such as proof of the event or loss, to support the claim and initiate the claims settlement process.
To put it Simply
Its a request you make to your insurance company when something bad happens, asking for them to pay or cover the costs according to your policy.
Most common insurance claims
- Burglary and theft
- Water and freezing damage
- Wind and hail damage
- Slips and falls
- Customer injury and property damage
- Auto related
Real-world scenarios of insurance claims
- A fire in a kitchen resulted in $50 000 of damage to the home
- A father was cutting tree on property. Part of the tree fell on a visiting child and $100 000 was paid out in bodily injury for the visiting child’s injuries
- A person visiting a condominium building slipped and fell when entering the building. She sustained a back injury – she sued and was awarded $30 000
- An auto collision resulted in property damages
How we can help
If you need to file a claim, call us @ 709.722.3282 or 1.888.720.3282. If your claim is after our business hours, contact us through the “claims” section on our website.